ANST - Welsh info

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Aug 14 09:45:18 PDT 1997

Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn said:

 My
only regret about being Welsh is the difficulty of finding good research
sources
to many times I have come across books that when they were translated they
were
also edited because the author was English.For instance I am trying to find
out
what clothes they would have worn etc and besides a few bits and pieces I
haven't found much.

One of your best sources for Welsh info in the SCA is this lady:
Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn. She puts out a very good series of
pamphlets.

The info on obtaining her pamphlets as well as a number other Welsh sources
can be found in this file in the CULTURES section of Stefan's Florilegium
(previously called the SCA Rialto Files):

Wales-msg         (54K)  3/31/97    Welsh culture. avail. newsletters.

There is also mention of several books useful in learning Welsh as well as a
Middle Welsh grammer book. There are books written in period about Walse that
some have found useful such as: 'A Journey Through Wales' and 'A Description
of Wales' by Gerald of Wales. I could list a number of other books, but I
doubt this list wants me to do this.

I will also be updating this file soon with several more referances.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

(My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html