ANST - functional brewing?

og- at mail.utexas.edu og- at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 21 09:53:40 PDT 1997

At 11:25 AM 8/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Aquilanne here.
>
>Karl von Augsburg writes:
>>I'm not a brewer, but I have sampled the results from time to time
>>(to time, ... ).  I'd say there's "functional beers"  (Function being to
>feel >the affects quickly).
>
>Any beverage containing alcohol can function to intoxicate it's consumer,
>though I would consider a brewing entry's ability to "quickly" intoxicate
>someone perhaps an inappropriate criteria (unless you're entering the
>"poison" subcategory of an "alchemy" category ;->). There lies the path to
>12 step groups...........

My feelings on the function of brewing is to put a smile on the face of the
consumer.
After all, if the person tasting the brew doesn't like it there is less
chance of
it being intoxicating (don't like, don't drink, don't get inebriated).  Of
course,
there are folks who'll drink anything if it has alcohol.

My 2 cents,

Og
Argylwydd Madog Cochfarf
Bryn Gwlad