ANST - A&S Rules

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 21 10:23:03 PDT 1997

Hi all. Aquilanne here.

I just received a copy of Atenveldt's Arts and Sciences Competition Rules.
It's 150 pages long, and has the following table of contents:

**************************************
Atenveldt Arts and Sciences Competition Rules

General Comments on Judging and Entry Preparation

Glossary

Judging Criteria

        Costuming
        Scriveners Arts
        Textile Arts, Woven
        Textile Arts, Non-woven
        Needlework
        Lace
        Knitting
        Metalwork
        Tools
        Enameling
        Alchemy
        Leatherwork
        Cooking
        Woodwork
        Horn and Bone
        Non-Metalic Weapons
        Camping and Homesteading
        Sculpture
        Ceramics
        Mosaic
        Glass
        Musical Instruments
        Performing Arts
        Writing, Fiction
        Writing, Non-fiction
        Brewing
        Demonstration Projects
        Working Models

Arts and Sciences Judging and Entry Philososphy

This booklet current as of May 1, AS XXV (c.e. 1990)

I think this helps make my point that designing a well-thought-out, quality,
workable A&S criteria for Ansteorra would not be a project that would fall
together overnight. As thorough as Atenveldt's A&S criteria is, it still has
some bugs that definitely affect it's efficiency/quality of application in
some areas, in my opinion. So, anyway, if anyone is interested in more info
contained within this sizeable packet, feel free to ask.

Aquilanne