ANST - Honor and silence

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 24 22:37:09 PDT 1997

Salut, Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

>>Kief here...writing from HL Lorraine's account.
>>Does anyone that remembers the "Super Duke" era in Atenveldt find it
>>interesting that HG Brian now lives in the East Kingdom? *huge grin* So, will
>>the Eastern Realm now be subject, pardon the pun, to "Super Dukedom" (tm)...?

Unter-Sir Dieterich quoth:

>Sir, this is not even close to the funniest portion of this issue.  The
>other half of the "Super-Duke" era, HG Trelon of the Wood, has moved to
>Trimaris.  I'll just let that soak in for a bit...

Last I heard His Grace Duke Tra-la-la la-la-lon of the Woods (Oh my!) was
living somewhere in Jawjuh with Duchess Varia, where they were supposed to
be putting all possible effort into baby-making.  Anybody heard a word from
either Trimaris or Meridies about Trelon's activity of late?

>Any takers on when either of these illustrious gentlemen will step onto a
>crown listfield next?  I'm betting neither of them can keep out of it for
>more than a year- nickel bet.

I'd say a year's probably a safe bet on Duke Brion.  I talked to him at
Artemisian Coronation, and he said he'll probably give this next EK Crown
Tournament a miss.  He won't miss the one after that.  What I'm wondering is
(1) whether Duke B will stop once he gets to his one-time goal of ten crowns
(he left Atenveldt after eight) and (2) how an old King's-Word-Is-Law King
will survive the ride with Curia on his coattails.

always quite pleased with the Kingdom of Atenveldt under Brion Tarragon's
rule.  I think the gentleman's about as close to the Arthurian ideal as we
can come.  My comments about the pervasive authority and presence of SCA
Dukes was a general observation gleaned from my interactions with several of
said Dukes--from all around the Knowne World--back in my days as Brion
Tarragon's squire.

lo vostre por vos servir

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Dennis Grace