ANST - Fiberglass shafts

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Tue Aug 26 11:59:55 PDT 1997

Some of the testing I did on fiberglass shafts included putting two of them
in my frezzer -10 deg F for an hour or two and then shoot them. One bouned
around amounst the junk in my garage and the other bounced back with no
problems. Also while living in Nebraska and Michigan (I moved to Texas in
June of 85.) I used to go ice fishing with fiberglass poles at temps of -20
deg F. The methods used was to wait for the fish to bite then pull up with
the pole with one hand grab the line with the other hand drop/through the
pole aside and pull the fish in hand over hand. (The rods were made by
taking a piece of fiberglass rod and sanding it down till the big end was
about 1/4" and tappered to about 1/8" or less for a piece about 18" long.)
Plachoya Sobaka a most insignificant archer in Ravens Fort Kingdom of Ansteorra