ANST - Goof Toobs

KiheBard at aol.com KiheBard at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 16:48:10 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-08-27 14:54:49 EDT, it was written:

>> Next I'd like to solicit comments on archery on the melee field in
general. I
>>  would like to propose, at any War or melee, the doubling of the number of

>>  battles... *grin* The first battle would have archery. At the end of the
>>  encounter the field would be gleaned of all missile weapons. Then the
fight
>>  would be repeated, but WITHOUT the archery. This would give the archers
and
>>  marshals time to separate and inspect the missile weapons without a delay
in
>>  the overall fighting. Also, it would give all of us a chance to see
exactly how
>>  much the archery effects the outcome of the battle... Comments?
>>  Sir Arenvald Kief av Kiersted...Southern Regional Seneschal and Marshal
at
>>  Large (Chivalric)
> ....and, if I may add...a Right Good Fellow! *bigger grin*
>       I think this sounds like a excellent idea,  the more battles the
>       better and you wouldn't have the really long lag between each battle.

Suggested inversion: fight battle without archery FIRST, re-fight with
archery,
glean & inspect while next scenario w/o archery is being set up & fought,
re-fight second scenario with archery; repeat as needed.

Might be better to use this format where the differing battle scenarios
cover different parts of the event site: open field, bridge, woods,
fortifications, etc.

Amra
blade merchant, bard, & sometime herald