ANST - Nasty Ballista in A&S

Ghislaine Fontanneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Thu Aug 28 18:42:11 PDT 1997

> My ballista provides plenty of big, flat spaces that beg for painting --
> lettering, naming, 'nosecone' art, racking up kills (elephants) and such. I
> can't prove that the ancients adorned their siege weapons, but I find it
> hard to believe they did not. The likelihood would have been less for
> mobile army engines and greater for those used to defend a stronghold, I'd
> think.
>
> Gnith
> <swhite at cimedia.com>

See the mighty Pict on duty, watching for signs of enemy's approaching
the castle walls.  A quiet, boring watch, he tires of staring at the
same old horizon and begins to doodle on his trusty ballista....

I don't see why not.  It is human nature to decorate blank spaces.  Just
look around you; how many of you have actual *un*decorated desk
blotters, calendars, casts, notepads, etc.....?

Ghia
**who has never worn a cast, but if she did, it would be covered in
doodles.