ANST - Belts (was Barcoding)

Angus mac Taggart/Rik Packham aquinas at eden.com
Mon Aug 4 13:57:36 PDT 1997

> Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> > Four of the common belt colors are more or less taken.

> Question: before I went out and bought a blue belt at Gulf Wars, I
> specifically asked if it was designated to any particular group of
> people. I was told that other than while for knights, and red for
> squires, any color was generic, at least in this kingdom. Anyone know
> differently?
> Britta the Red

I have heard that a person in training to become a cadet gets a blue scarf.
Logically, that means that a person training to be a squire gets a blue belt
(though I have not heard so). The blue scarf (and blue belt if it exists) is
not reserved. For that matter, (may the more knowledgeable people and peers
please correct me if I am wrong) the red scarf/belt is not _really_
reserved. They are not used out of respect for the position that they
designate.

As alway, in service (and donning my fireproof kilt just in case)

Angus