ANST - largess

Eric Jackson jackser at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:14:56 PDT 1997

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if any of you had given or received some particularly great
largess at any events?  I would love to know the reason they were given or
received, and at what event.  (Please don't feel you're bragging, because I
just want to know!)

Allysyn

timo
littlexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlefty

     Allysyn,

        I have received many wonderful things for largess in the past. As a
     server at feast, I was given a full salt cellar from Ragnar of Ragnars
     Rock. I have also rerceived candle holders and some jewelry but my
     favorite is a necklace that was given to me at a Guardian, when I was
     working in the kitchen. This young Lady came up to me and said, I have
     seen you working so hard this weekend so I wanted to give you this.  I
     have also been given quartz crystals for dying well at the last Gnomon
     Vale Margrave event which I carry on my person all the time. IMHO I
     think just letting the person know why you are giving them something
     makes the item that much more speceil.  Also on this note if you ever
     eat at a feast and your server does a good job, at the very least
     please tell them that you think so, and remember that something as
     simple as salt can become a treasured item so if you feel up to it go
     on and give your server at a feast a little largess.  This will help
     in making sure that there are plenty of experienced servers in our
     fair kingdom.

                                Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn
                                Eldest son of House Windbourne
                                One of the founders of Wyrmschlauger