ANST - Pennsic

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Aug 19 08:27:04 PDT 1997

Sir Burke wrote:
> the East won and we were allied with the East.

Why do we keep doing this?  Wouldn't it be more fun to try to balance
things out and make it a challenge?  Since battles are until the last
one on the defeated side drops (except the woods battle, a resurrection
battle), being on the defeated side ensures that everyone gets to fight.
AND there's that chance for the final heroic stand to sing about later.

"THe East won again" ... isn't it boring?

(Disclaimer: I moved from the Middle in 1992.  However, I've set down
roots here, and if the Middle were winning consistently, as in the early
days of Pennsic, I'd advocate allying with the East for exactly the
same reasons.)

Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is not a valid address.