ANST - Gulf WAR

Patrick St. Jean psj at cgmlarson.com
Fri Aug 22 15:50:38 PDT 1997

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Carl John Hess wrote:
> On the archery issue, has anyone ever seen or experienced the mythical
> "golf-tube" arrows I used to hear about?  Apparently, these arrows could be
> fired from a bow of up to 50 lbs.  That would pretty much remove the doubt
> factor as to whether you had been hit, I think.

My Lord,
  I'm a transplant from the Outlands, where I have seen the golf tube
arrows used with a 35# bow.  VERY effective on the broken field battles I
saw them employed in...  They're wild to watch though...  It almost looks
like someone's throwing a short spear.  GREAT visibility from the
spectator standpoint...

Best
  Felipe'
  Stargate