ANST - Goof Toobs

SOC STUDIES camlewis at swbell.net
Wed Aug 27 18:08:05 PDT 1997

stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Heilsa all Good Ansteorran Chivalric fighters...
>
> Kief here...using more of HL Lorraine's time....

 As others have said;
> Lexan works as does perforated metal, as well any solid faceplate with hand
> drilled holes would work as well, a heavy screen mesh with less than 1/4 inch
> openings would also be effective. These "grills" can be added to existing
> helms, inside or out, (with the exception being Lexan, it should be added to
> the inside of the helm) they would be removable so the helm can be used in the
> "normal" fashion... Comments?

I like the idea of face guards in an archery situation...My question is
would a lexan face shield take a good hit from 15 feet or 10 feet for
that matter, by a rabbit blunt? The gentle was right in saying that no
one would have trouble calling them, even Dino-brains.  Also Keif, I
love the idea of multiple fightings in the same senario with and without
archery....every fight

Bunny.....ooops
Alrek Kanin pat.pend.