ANST - A moment of mourning

KiheBard at aol.com KiheBard at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 08:44:07 PDT 1997

> It is a tragedy that we all fear when someone we know has died.
>  Princess Diana, the fairy tail Princess of England, has died today due
>  to injuries in car crash in Paris overnight. Pray for her sons as they
>  deal with this all too human emotion that we all do not wish our own
>  enemies.

Yes, this one strikes all too close to home. My ex- and I were wed the
same summer as Diana and Charles, and there were all-too-many
comparisons drawn at the time -- and since.

What I will mourn more than a beautiful woman's passing is the
circumstance in which it occurs. We in the SCA are perhaps too
familiar, too close to our royalty, to fully appreciate the problems
associated with notoriety. However, we still have our own set of
difficulties: favor-seekers, implacable cronies, intractable peers.

Here's hoping that all of these in OUR ranks will take some pause,
and reflect, and better respect the privacy and perils of royalty.

Amra