ANST - Sandlewood

Mark Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Dec 4 11:59:04 PST 1997

-Jax- wrote:

> Lady Tabitha Baker is redacting a period recipe, and it calls for powdered sandlewood as a spice/colorant; does any one have a source for this? The only thing I can find for sale is the essential oil, and that isn1t the right stuff. If you have any info, please email me privately at jackson2 at apple.com.

> -Erik Wulfriksson-

Looking in the spices-msg file in my Stefan's Florilegium, I find one specific
source and one
general source. There are also other spice sources listed in the file and they
might also
be worth trying. I have pasted the two messages from this file below.

The file:
spices-msg        (80K) 12/ 3/97    Info. on spices, sources for spices.

can be found in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section, although these messages
were recently added and
are probably not in the file at the website, yet.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous