ANST - Baldar Blunts

Stonewall Van Wie III svanwie at davlin.net
Sat Dec 6 16:24:53 PST 1997

> >After reviewing the latest Participant's Handbook, I could not find
> any rule
> >specifically requiring an armored combatant to authorize with sheild.
> Is this rule
> >written down somewhere else?
> >Donal O Dochartaigh
> >
> There is no such rule in this Kingdom.
>
> Kein Rex

Majesty and Lord Star Principal Herald:

Thank you both for replying.

This may be an urban myth (SCA style), but I have been advised on multiple
occaisions (including by a marshall) that in order to engage in heavy combat
archery that one had to have a standard authorization.  This (I was told)
required proficiency with some form of rattan weapon, usually sword and board,
in addition to knowledge of the rules.

Willem
----
Stonewall Van Wie III         svanwie at davlin.net