ANST - Baldar Blunts

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Mon Dec 8 17:01:00 PST 1997

>Plachoya Sobaka declared:
>
>> On a personal note I would like to see the rules changed to allow for
>> authorizing as a combat archer period and you have to pass armor inspection
>> for the style of combat being fought heavy or light, but that is just my
wish.

Ansteorra alows archery on the rapier melee field so in a sense there is
"light" archery. But as to having "light" archery I am not authorized to
fight with the weapon style being fought NO there is not "light" archery in
Ansteorra. You may put the SCA approved whith domond on your helm/mask that
says you may not be struck but you still have to authorize for the style of
combat being fought.
I would like to see an authorization that says you are a combat archer. You
know the rules of the lists (heavy and light/rapier) you are willing to be
struck if the opppent gets close enough to hit you but you do not carry a
secondary weapond. The main problem is how to mark the heml/mask so that the
fighters and marshels can easly identify you and not conflict with the SCA
standard for non contact fighter.
I am putting together heavy armor I have light already and will go out there
and get hit to authorize heavy I am currently working on getting back to
where I am comfortable with light fighting so that I can reauthorized light
(rapier).