ANST - Baldar Blunts

IagoAH IagoAH at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 04:15:46 PST 1997

<<I guess I wasn't very clear. I have authorized in both rapier and armored
<<combat in Ansteorra. My question was more along the lines of, are there
<<special armor rules in addition to those of normal rapier combat in order
<<to do archery in a rapier scenerio?

No, the armor stays the same

<<Are there different requirements for the bows or quarrels for a rapier
archery
<<scenerio than for those weapons used in an armored archery event?

Yes, Thisle missles and Baldar Blunts are not allowed.  Onlt marklands.

<<And is this ever done in Ansteorra? I don't remember seeing any archery
<<involving rapier combatants, but perhaps I've just missed those that
<<were held.

Try Bordemarch Melees and To Save a Queen.  Both have had archers in melees
before, and most likely wil again.

<<I was not making a distinction of whether there was a "dead at ten feet"
<<rule or not or whether the archer could carry a secondary weapon.>>

Rules of engagement stay the same.