ANST - Baldar Blunts

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Wed Dec 10 09:18:42 PST 1997

At 08:15 AM 12/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:34:27 -0600, psobaka at mail.myriad.net (harry
>billings) wrote:
>
>>Becouse when Thisle milles first came out they were tested and found to hit
>>to hard, and there for were not alowed on the light/rapier list. Baldars are
>>even harder and have there for not been allowed.
>
>Really? Rapier fighters traditionally have more "padding" than the
>heavy fighters.  Sure an arrow strike will leave a bruise. But too
>hard???  Sounds like people just don't like archers.  I wonder why!!!

When we conducted the test on Thistle Missiles at Bordermarch Melees a few
years back, the bruising on the light fighter was considerable (Dona Leah
consented to be the guinea pig and she purpled up amazingly).  Remember
that while we wear more padding on the torso than the average chivalric
figher, we wear considerably less on the rest of the body (i.e., no elbow,
knee, gorget, etc.).  And, like it or not, the average light fighter is not
"signing up for" getting hit as hard as the chivalric fighters expect to be
hit.  Markland/Ansteorran war arrows do the job adequately.

Margaret

Countess Margaret ny Connor
Seneschal, Barony of Bonwicke
Kingdom of Ansteorra

MKA Lisa A. May
Texas Tech School of Law
Lubbock, Texas
xylm1 at ttacs.ttu.edu
"And do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, then eat and drink as
friends."  W. Shakespeare