ANST - Start our own study Breast trauma

Lady Jotahn Firesteed calypso at chaosbutterfly.com
Sat Dec 13 07:51:51 PST 1997

HAs anyone else hit on the notion that if there is no info. on breast trauma, then
maybe we should start to find out for ourselves. I think that the SCA as a whole
would benefit from finally getting a real answer to this question. Isn't 30 years
long enough to stand around scratching our heads over whether or not women who fight
may be risking breast cancer or other permanent damage. I propose that we start our
own study on this issue or officially requestone through the regular medical
channels. More women than just lady fighters could benfit from this info., women who
are abused/battered and women who participate in other full contact sports such as
Karate. I know that we can at least ask the medical community to help.M.D. Anderson
does a lot of the leading cancer research in the nation. I heard recently that they
are studying Breaast cancer. Now may be the perfect time to ask for help and perrhaps
even get them to do the study themselves. I am asking for any suggestions and help.
If anyone has any connections to the medical community it would help. I've already
started on some questions for a survey to begin laying the groundwork for a study.
Please let me know how ya'll feel about my idea and pass the word to any other
interested Kingdoms. Please forward any questions to me directly.

In service to the Dream