ANST - Matters of the Moonschadeen

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:29:53 PST 1997

---dssweet at okway.okstate.edu wrote:
> Lord Mykaru Kurodachi wrote:
> >Wiesenfeuers Yule was a success as usual. There was good
> >fellowship to be had by all. Many gentles foolishly went
> >to Furr's. They should have stayed, the feast was wonderful.
> >Many awards were given. I don't have a
> >list although Morgan was given King's Archer (and well deserved it
> > Sir Burke will be a fine (though occasionally bombastic..
> >no, no extremely loquacious) Baron.

"extremely loquacious" -- hmmmmm, that just might fit into the
forthcoming song, too...

> >He received many fine gifts including a
> >LARGE supply of Orm swill.
> No, no, no. Not Ormswill. Master Orm, himself, examined the tower
> of drink and declared that it was all "tainted". It was too light.
> Baron Burke and Master Orm then did agree that all brew of this
> nature must be examined by them, and Orm would receive the darker
> version, Ormswill, and Baron Burke would receive the lighter
> version, Burkeswill. I was there. I heard this and saw this happen.

As bard & Bard, I stand also witness to these proceedings.

(I stand also as he who reminded the gathering that this
was no _new_ naming, but merely confirmation and reminder
of affairs as they existed of old in Mooneschadowe... ah,
that memories should be so short that they last less than
a generation. It seems that I must needs turn my hand to more
deliberate recording of the early chronicles of my home shire...)

> Mooneschadoweshire (who gave the gift of Burkeswill) also gave
> Baron Burke a lovely box entirely covered with carnelians that
> had a large piece of paper in it with many words on the paper.
> Something about releasing all Mooneschadeen rights to a certain
> borough known as Guthrie.

Estrill, I am reminded that your further question concerning a
barony slightly further south may have long ago been resolved.
Perhaps inquiries directed to Friar Peter and others among the early
founders are now called for.

(To the best of my knowledge, the claim laid upon all lands
associated with Oklahoma State University was never _completely_
resolved. At least not to the satisfaction of the Mooneschadeen!
There was some dispute as to a supposed requirement for contiguous
ZIP Codes, but as those are, after all, a modern and mundane issue...)

Oh, yes. Revised chorus for the song under development (loosely to
the tune of "Hope Eyrie"):
  Moon shadows now lengthen
  Across the whole Known World
    Stand back or stand fast
    Moonschadeen shall still pass
  With our eclipse banner unfurled

There will be more...

Amra, resident currently in Steppes (but to be counted forevermore
among the ranks of the Moonschadeen)
===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com