ANST - RE: ANTS - A Snow Diary... (fwd) (PG-13)

Sat Dec 20 21:37:42 PST 1997

><<
> You *do* have chains for that Harley, yah?
>
> Um, to get this back on topic:  Harley, large, powerful warhorse, prized by
> Danes and the Southern tribes who wore leather and studded armor.
>
> Catherine
>
>   >>

>Hmmm, weird mental image . . .Trying to put chains on the feet of a warhorse.
>. .
>
>tyrca

Not so weird.  Hoof coverings of fabric, leather and rope have been used
for various purposes, including traction on difficult surfaces.  I don't
think they did hobnail horseshoes, but it wouldn't surprise me if
someone had tried it.

Bear