ANST - Re: BG - please do not post binaries here

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 22 05:35:38 PST 1997

Chip Rosenthal said something that sounded like:
> Be advised that a couple of postings to the austin.org.sca have
> been canceled because they included large binary attachments
> (images).  This message is a reminder:  please don't do that.

Thank you Chip. I just noticed them myself and was going to mention it
was bad form.

> It appears this newsgroup is gatewayed to a mailing list.  I'm not
> sure what the standards are for the mailing list, but binary
> attachments are a cancel-on-sight offense in austin.* newsgroups.

As well, I don't appreciate them being repeatedly posted to the different
mailing lists. (I think I counted 3 or 4 to both the Ansteorra and Bryn
Gwlad lists.) Web pages are your friends folks. Please put images and
the like there and tell everyone where they are. If you are unable to
do this, I can always put them on the Ansteorra web page or ftp server
for you.

Remember, there are some people who have to pay for the size of the
email, others who are limited to only X amount of diskspace, etc. (There
are several members of the list who's mail is now bouncing due to their
mailbox being full.)

Thanks folks!

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "What about your Gods?
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   They're Defective!