ANST - Children

lliatwork lliatwork at MCIONE.com
Mon Dec 22 08:15:06 PST 1997

While I'm on my soapbox......

When we first started playing about 4 years ago, we had a 2 years old. When
we went to fighter practice at the park, one of us was constantly looking
out for her, while the other did what the other did. I had several people
of the populace tell me "she'll be alright, everyone watches them"  I was
appaled. how could I let total strangers watch my baby. Much less, why on
earth would I just "Expect" them to???  well, I pretty much just shined
that bit of advice on..... Even now, at events, I am just a-gog at the
amount of children (we're talkin 3 or 4 to 7 or 8) just running wild. I
didn't even bring my then 2 year old to events till she was 5....

I think the MoC is something every event needs. I Understand that some MoCs
get abused. THEY ARE NOT THERE FOR YOUR BABYSITTING NEEDS!!!!!!. if you
abuse them, they will not come back. The next time you "dump" your kid(s)
at the MoC. Ask if you can come back and help her in a couple of hours, or
pay attention to when she'll be done so you can pick up your kid(s). Better
yet, if you don't want to watch your own children at an event...DON'T BRING
THEM!

If you can't handle the truth, you deserve to be lied to.
*George*
House Crane Minister of Food-[have YOU eaten?]