ANST - EEeeeekkkk! A(n Ex-)Cynaguan! Run for it!

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:42:51 PST 1997

---"N. Tatjana c. Shepperd" <ponygirl at home.actlab.utexas.edu> wrote:
<snnnniiiiiippppp>
> I'm new to this Kingdom.
> My name is Suannoch MacFadyen...mundanely known as Tatjana Shepperd.
<snnnniiiiiippppp, again>
> Up until last week, I'd been retired since-- eeek a loooong time.
> I am from the Mists and previous to that, Cynagua.
<snnnniiiiiippppp, third try>

Oh, no - a swamp-dweller. Whatever shall we do, whatever shall we do?

Hmmm. We'll *sing*, yep, that's the ticket fer shure.

Warning, m'lady: I'm armed with a copy of _The Return of The Cynagua
Sampler_ and the desire to try out my renditions of some things
therein upon an ear who may have heard the originals "live"....

> I was associated with the House of Kiyowara and briefly with
> The Horde of Cynagua as Kahara Mokhai.

Mongols on the roof as well? Oh, my!

> I am an avid equestrienne (mundane huntseat and dressage) and look
> forward to meeting others with similar interests within the Kingdom!

Being uncertain from your requests, e-dress, and such, I may be able
to connect you with (currently) non-SCA horsefolk in the southern
Bjornsborg area. I don't know if they take boarders, but do know
they are expecting three new foals after Yuletide...

> Besides having strange urges to ride over hills painted with
> woad, clad only in plaid and screaming at the top of my lungs
> (lovely image isn't it....aaahhhh),

I wanna watch! I wanna watch! (From a safe distance, and under
bardic immunity! Must have witnesses to recite the true tale of how
such a charge undoes the oppressor, upholds the righteous, throws
down the wicked -- all that kind of hero- and heroine-stuff...)

> I have decided to train in combat as well as learn the gentle
> art of illumination (since I'm a mundane painter anyhow...).

You should find a number of good sources for both of these arts and
their related sciences here in Ansteorra.

> So there you have it.
> <waves>
> Thank you!
> Have a lovely Monday!
> Suannoch

And you also, m'lady!

Many welcomes, and a huge <gryn>... and if you happen to have any
good tales about a certain Wanderer, once Ansteorran, Cynaguan for a
time, and currently a Mist-dweller, I'd be more than willing to
share other tales and stories. Catch me at the right time and place,
and there's even home-made mead to be shared out for such thirsty
work...

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com