ANST - Baldar Blunts

IagoAH IagoAH at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 04:15:14 PST 1997

<<><<Are there different requirements for the bows or quarrels for a rapier
>archery
><<scenerio than for those weapons used in an armored archery event?
>
>Yes, Thisle missles and Baldar Blunts are not allowed.  Onlt marklands.

Really? I wonder why?  Two different types of arrows were used at
Gothic VI.  One was Baldar Blunts don't know what the other was.>>

Why? Because we do not wear proper protection against thistle missles.  I may
have been mistaken about the Baldar Blunts, but I was the one who origionally
refused thistle missles for rapier melees.  The regional marshal then tested
them buy standing downrange and taking shots from marklands and thistle
missles.  The first shot from the thistle missles hit her in the stomach and
dropped her to her knees.  At that point the kingdom marshall (Haroun at the
time) ruled that they were not safe for rapier  combat.  I can promise that
the newest krm hasn't changed the ruling since she was the original test
subject.

If someone is allowing either of these arrow types in rapier melees, they need
to check with Leah or the archery marshal.

Iago