ANST - Lies! Damnedable Lies!

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Dec 12 12:14:26 PST 1997

> Unto the Right Good and Honorable Lady Octavia Verdunne, Sir Dieterich
> Kempenich von Eltz sends testimony,

<Blah, blah, yadda, yadda erased>

Like the typical German Sir Dietrich has gone into great, wordy diatribes for
what can be simply said. I'm sure he can't help it for the German language
demands such from its speakers. By Methusala's Wrinkled B...brow, some of
their words equal a saga in their length! (The work abbreviated as "Lohengren"
is but a single word, I'm told.)

In any case a vile miscasting can be answered in three ways.  Primus: as a
skald, which means that I would have to make up rhymes, find out everyone's
parentage, ask about significant deeds done in their general area in the past,
and come up with funny sayings like "war-scales of the fish that is the blood
bees' bane" instead of just a bloody chainmail shirt!

The next is the talkative common man's statement before the assembly which is
much shorter, taking only two or three hours. But then next meeting isn't for
a few months yet.

Or the response could be that given by one who was chosen by Freya to nourish
and protect those creatures who are sacred to the Kingdom of Sweden, the
richest of Scandanavia.

This response is to simply scream "Liar!" and bash someone in the head with an
axe. It's even more effective if the head you bash is the one who said the lie.

> The monks at Sven Jurgunsons tell me that Sir Gunthars writing utensils have
> been confiscated and will be returned to him as soon as he fully recovers.

They THOUGHT they could take away my writing materials but with the proper use
of a sharp chip of rock and the ink God placed in my veins I have been able to
grant all of you the wisdom I have been shown!

Excuse me now....I'm getting a...little...

...sleepy....

Gunt.__---