ANST - Deficiency in Ansteorran Law? (was: Jafar's passing)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Dec 28 13:34:17 PST 1997

Karie Mitchell said something that sounded like:
> I checked Ansteorran Law and found that this contingency, a Crown
> Prince or Princess unable or unwilling to begin, much less complete,
> the reign, isn't covered.  Do we re-fight the tourney?  Does the
> remaining one continue alone?  It doesn't say, except in the case
> in which one of them wasn't properly a member when Crown Tourney
> was fought (then, we re-fight the Crown Tourney).

Actually in the Article VI: Right of Succession, this is "covered".

Section 2: Order of succession
  a. In the event that one member of the Crown is unwilling or unable to
  complete the Reign, the remaining member of the Crown shall assume all
  powers and duties of the Crown for the remainder of the Reign.

It doesn't specifically cover in the event that it happens *before*
being crowned as TRM though. It doesn't specifically say there must be
two rulers crowned either.

> I don't much care which way we go, but it should be covered
> it law.  Burke?  Artorius?

Do I suffice this time? *smile*

> Does the new law address this?

In my draft, the Rights of Succession is unchanged.

> If not, do you agree that it should?

I think since we are willing to have a single Crown, if something
happens after the fact, it shouldn't be an issue if the Crown Prince or
Princess becomes indisposed for whatever reason as well.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "And I ain't in it for the power
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   And I ain't in it for my health