ANST - Kingdom Laws and Midrealm Succession

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 30 05:50:12 PST 1997

It is possible that the change in law was done at the time of Eislinn, but
it may have dated back to the infamous Reign of Michael, whose Queen
abdicated (if I rememebr the sequence correctly).  OTOH, that circumstance
could have led to a change where abdication of one forces abdication of
both, so perhaps the supposition about Eislinn is correct.  I probably have
the old series of laws in my garage, and could check if anyone cares to
know that much.

BTW, Eislinn had cancer, and was undergoing treatment during her reigns.
It was not merely that she made it through the reign, but that Eislinn did
so with grace and a generosity of spirit that made people rally to her.  It
is she for whom the hill at Cooper's was renamed, as well as a Midrealm
award.

I think it is a mark of Kenna's strength that she would go ahead under such
circumstances, when others might withdraw in mourning.  And I could see the
coming Pennsic be as Eislinn's was (for those of you old enough to
remember).

                                ---= Morgan, an old former Midrealmer

>>> ''WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOUR MIND TENDS TO WANDER''
>>> ''WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOUR MIND TENDS TO WANDER''

     <whispers>  I saw it over thataway.......

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com

            I've reached a point where it's no longer necessary
            to impress. If they like me the way I am thank you.
             If they don't that's too bad.    {Corazon Aquino}

             "And do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily,
              then eat and drink as friends."  W. Shakespeare