Ansteorra On-Line Award Voting Resul

Baker, Mike mbaker at rapp.com
Wed Feb 5 07:25:00 PST 1997

> The only thing that surprises me is the fact that there weren't more
> ballots cast. It seems odd that there were 20 nominees, but only 19
> ballots. Someone had to recommend these 20 people, unless people
> nominated more than one individual. Maybe people thought, as I did, that
> being nominated was an honor itself. *shrug*

Pug,

I know that at least one nominator did not vote (myself, as compiler of the
votes). The originator of the award did not vote. As list maintainer, could
you let us know an approximate average count of accounts subscribed? Number
of voters as a percentage of subscribers might be interesting. It could also
be unbearably depressing, come to think of it.

Remember also that each nominator had three possible nominees, and only
three votes later.  Even with the duplications among nominations, I was
actually a little surprised (and pleased, in a way) that 16 individuals
received votes.

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      KiheBard at aol.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!