Questions about War of the Lilies(Long)

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Mon Feb 3 08:19:12 PST 1997

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Hugh Niewoehner wrote:

> The site is on the northwest side of town on Smithville lake.  Take
> the loop highway (270? or 235?) around KC to the NW sector.  Take
> either US-169 due north to Smithville and then east on ???(Hmmm, need
> to look this up.)  Or take 35 north toward St. Joe and look for the
> smithville exit.  I'll try to provide better details upon request.
> It is actually fairly easy.  There are showers on site and hotels
> within 7-10 miles.

First, it's 435, can't remember where 470 goes off the top of my head.
I-435, however, takes you right around the city with no real traffic
problems.  I-29 actaully goes to St. Joseph.  I didn't think 35 went
anywhere near, but I could be wrong.

second if you are coming up on US 71 do *not* try to take it thru Kansas
City.  This will lead you through the middle of a really bad neighborhood.

Kateryn Iowa-quester.