PR packet

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Mon Feb 10 03:44:37 PST 1997

Greetings from Jovian,

Scott White (aka Gnith) wrote the following...

As a member of "the media" (I'm currently an internet journalist and
have
worked as a reporter, editor and entertainment critic in the past),
I've
often found the SCA's attitude toward media attention to be either
laughably
reactionary or sadly ill-informed -- especially when media relations
is the
most overlooked component of successful new-member recruitment.

OK, you've pointed out a valid problem. Now how about a solution?
You're a journalist, why don't you get feedback from other SCAdians
journalists, as well as mundane journalists, and put together a media
packet for shires or baronies to use.

Include story ideas (groups preparing for war, an A & S college, a
dance event, etc), guidelines for how to treat reporters, how to
educate your group so that we don't end up with those easily twisted
offhand remarks, etc.

I for one would love to have such a packet for Tempio. If we are
serious about membership then we need to have as many tools as
possible.

For What It's Worth,

Jovian Skleros