ansteorra V1 #703 - Hospitaler's Office & Kingdom Law

Michael Mayer delamare at flash.net
Sat Feb 15 23:28:13 PST 1997

For everyone's information, the Hospitaler's Office NEVER had any publication
incorporated into LAW; while we did CONSIDER incorporating "The GUIDING HAND" new
member's guidebook when then Mistress Maire served as Kingdom Seneschal, we opted,
instead, to simply have it serve as the 'official' new member's information source.  We
felt it served the Kingdom in its own right without having it become part of the
'plethora' of "official" publications.  The net version is the most current and
continues to be expanded upon as new information is located.

As for LAW, as Her Excellency Maire has already stated, the Hospitaler's Office is
"responsible" for PR efforts relating to Ansteorra and SCA play in this Kingdom.  The
Seneschal's Office and Hospitaler's Office often work together, especially when/if
matters involving negative publicity arise.  These two offices, especially on local
levels, assist with demo's and other presentations; some groups operate both a
Hospitaler's Office with another gentle delegated exclusively for coordinating demo's.

For the many who have played this game a while, they can recall when the Hospitaler's
Office was originally a part of the Seneschal's duties some many years back.  As the
Society/Kingdoms/Groups grew, and additional responsibilities were tacked on, the
Hospitaler's Office was formed to better serve everyone by focusing on new member
development, recruiting, and other similar tasks now associated with this Office.

Lord Modius, our Kingdom Hospitaler, maintains a wonderful site:
http://www.cityscope.net/~modius which delves with Hospitaler duties and
responsibilities, for those who are interested.  The 'alternative' Hospitaler site:
http://www.flash.net/~delamare   provides a collection of sites and links useful for
Hospitalers and new members alike.

"Live The Dream"
THL Michael