(Long reply regarding chivalric philosophy) Re: Alexis's List

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 20:58:22 PST 1997

>And I, and Earl Kein, and Sir Conor, and Sir Pendaran, are parts of _which_
>group?

Sir Galen-
I greatly admire and respect anyone who can attain a belt within this kingdom
and feel so for you and all the knights you mention.  However you and these
others are the exception and not the rule.  You, yourself will have to admit
that this is so.  Only when knights like the gentlemen mentioned above, are
the rule and not the exception, will I consider the problem solved.  For one
to admire the system of how knights are choosen  within this kingdom as a
knight yourself is considered pragmatic.  For me to critizise from without of
the system is considered jelousy.  But I must ask-- If the system works so
well, how come all of the non-belted fighters within the kingdom don't sing
the praises of the system?

BTW  Thanks to all of the people who e-mailed me the last few days-- wish I
could reply to everyone, indidvidually but to many time constraints.  In
reply to your ????'s
 1. No- I'm not dead, just trying to set the world record for a masters in
literature at UofH
 2. No- Sir Rurik the invisable is not dead- he say that there arn't any good
parties left in the SCA, so why bother.  You can reach him at
102223.2647 at compuserve.com.  Good luck- he never returns my mail, I have to
track him down.
 3.  Thanks for the offer Your Majesty, but I have no plans to relocate to
your kingdom.

                                  Baron Bors of Lothian

                         Par Deu, bel sire, cist est de ae vostre lin,
                                                                 Et si mangue
un grant braun porcin
                         Et a dous traitz beit un cester de vin.
                         Ben dure guete deit il rendre a sun veisin.