hand-kissing in the SCA

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Feb 20 15:51:17 PST 1997

Greetings,

A short while ago there was a spirited discussion on the Ansteorra list about
the cloved fruit game. At one point it made a diversion into hand-kissing
in the SCA. I thought at the time I had some guidelines for this in
one of my files, but wasn't sure which one. Now that I've found which
file I thought this might be of interest to some of you.

The file is:
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96    Courtesy guidelines in the SCA and
period.
                                       Hand-kissing and bowing.

This file includes a very good article on hand-kissing by Ioseph of Locksley
and comments about hand-kissing from other people as well as comments on
several other related subjects.

My collection of files, the SCA Rialto Files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

PS: As this collection includes a number of articles submitted by their
authors as well as messages from various sources other than the Rialto
(rec.org.sca), I would like to come up with another name for this
collection. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps some medieval
term for a collection of articles or encyclopedia or traveloge?