Gulf War

Michael Heydon Marrock at msn.com
Sat Feb 22 07:14:54 PST 1997

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Posted

Seriously, folks, I have some concerns about the
language I've been seeing on the list in the last
week that amounts to "Ansteorra Must Win at Gulf War."

I agree with your sentiments regarding "small town football mentality", "us
all being friends", and especially win or lose "Have Great Lot of FUN
Fighting!".  I am even going to take a step (big step) further out onto the
limb and say we are all chivalrous with our personal honor held highest.

I also believe we should listen and comply with your thoughts, however, as a
fighter, I hear inspiration in the words of my fellow Ansteorrans, not
conspiracy to win.  It is ever so much more helpful to go into battle
desiring, even expecting to win your fight, than to step onto the field saying
"it doesn't matter whether I win or lose, I will have fun" cause somewhere
around the word "whether", someone is gonna kill you.

Stoke up, plan to win, play hard, but except the fate of the Gods, (after all
Odin does demand his sacrifices), and upon the result handed down by the
Gods... eat, drink, and be merry with your victors or your fallen foes.
"Ansteorra MUST win" is a much better war cry than Ansteorra SHOULD win", for
those who understand we are playing.

It takes all the steam out of a war effort to add disclaimers to every "call
for battle".  We, as players in the dream, should have our chivalry and honor
in place PRIOR to getting caught up in the enthusiasm of fighting.  Hence we
can have a rip roaring silly old time ranting and raving, praying and
swearing, killing all who enter our weapons reach, without fear of the
gremlins of injury or upset feelings.

With the above in mind....

ANSTEORRA MUST WIN ALL BATTLES, ALL BARDIC, ALL ARTS & SCIENCE....
			We must also WIN lots of FRIENDS in the process....

With all respect to Gunnora Hallakarva

Professional Contact:				Personal Contact:
M. D. Heydon							Lord Marrock Viltár Hár
Entrepreneur 							Premier Drighton of Northkeep
mdheydon at juno.com						marrock at msn.com
I march to the beat of a			Vert a hare
different saxophone player			tricorporate Argent