Winning in general (was Winning at Gulf War)

Keith Ewing keandbc at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 24 10:14:58 PST 1997

Greetings.

It has been my experience that winning a battle is more fun than losing
that same battle. But I would much rather lose a hotly contested fight
that comes right down to the wire, than win easily against an
overpowered or demoralized opponent. For me, the perfect battle is one
in which I or my teammates overcome some disadvantage to win... barely.

One of the reasons that I love the Gulf War so much is that  our
opponents are winners. They play to win. If we succeed in defeating
them, then we have done a great thing, worthy of praise, for they are
powerful and noble opponents. If we lose, then it is nothing to hang
our heads about. We only need to practice more to insure that at no
time are we ever beaten badly.

At Gulf Wars, it is important to insure that the two sides continue to
sharpen their skills to keep the balance. We must insure that it never
becomes lopsided to preserve everyone's fun.

In short, we must continue to think and act as winners, practicing and
honing our skills, so that we can meet our noble and fierce friends,
the Trimarans on an equal footing.

Kein MacEwan