Blunts at Gulf Wars (fwd)

eric caladin at mail.io.com
Mon Feb 10 07:25:59 PST 1997

Personally I'd like to find a source for the baldar blunts....

a email/phone w# would be preferred over a adress, but I'll take what I can
get... :)

caladin

>	- Thought you guys should see this:
>> > the Gulf Wars web site under fighting conventions: under "Allowed: -
>> > ...All SCA approved combat arrows".  From the Marshal of the
>> Society's Archery Deputy in an e-mail dated 2/3/97:
>>
>> > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 05:53:20 -0800 (PST)
>> > From: John Edgerton <sirjon at netcom.com>
>> > To: Michael Ely <mely at freenet.columbus.oh.us
>> >
>> >  Subject: Re: marshals handbook
>> >
>> >  The Baldars blunts are safe for use.
>> >
>> > Based on the results of the testing that has been sent to me, and the
>> > opinions of the testers, they pass our testing.
>> >
>> > I just got the test results from Atlantia yesterday.
>> >
>> > I would prefer to say that they pass our tests rather than we reconmend
>> > them.  I do not think we should be reconmending any product, just saying
>> > that it is safe or not.
>> >
>> > Howerver, on a personal, non-offical, opinion I would recondmend them.
>>
>>  >snip on golf tubes/Atenveldt<
>>
>> > Jon

>> 	 For those of you who don't keep up with the Rialto, these are
>> a new type of manufactured combat arrow head being sold out of
>> Trimaris.  From my research on the net, these look to be Very Nifty.
>> Thy are supposed to have the range of 3/4" blunts but are 1.5" in
>> diamater and aerodynamic.  They are not as expensive as Thistle
>> Missiles but still run about two bucks apiece.  I'm going to stock up
>> on some as "sniper rounds" for special shots, like white belts.  They
>> are supposed to last much longer than home-builts, so I'll use them
>> for practice and therefore train my aim for the more uniform shots.
>> The address is asgard at fdt.net, but he says that the web page is
>> coming next week.
>>  	I'll keep you posted on this, Cyrus Major
>
>	BTW - I've seen all this as well, and have 75 of 'em on their
>way to me & my lady.
>				Morric
>(the guy who had those little black egg-shaped bolt heads last Gulf War)
>
>(ritchie at freenet.tlh.fl.us)
>--

========
 Caladin Ironhearth Esq.             |   Eric W. Brown
 Scotland - 1596                     |   3229 Parkhills Drive,
 (look fer  me by the keg, laddie!)  |   Austin Texas 78746
                                     |   H (512)329-8643
                                     |   W (512)343-8833 xt. 235
========
 Green and White havsies with an     |   "Always remember the worst day of your
 otherway swapie doodle thingy       |    life, it sure beats the alternative."
 that looks like an ^ smack on it.   |    My Grandfather, John Brown