On-line vs. Printed Newsletters (long)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Feb 11 07:27:18 PST 1997

> I hate to be the bearer of bad news to some people, but if they are listed
> in the phone book, the same information is already available online in
> several sources; maybe even if they have unlisted numbers (I haven't tried
> looking for any of those).

I know some of the individuals in question have unlisted phone numbers.
(Or so they think. I still found some of them in the online search
engines.) As well, some of them didn't want their name associated with the
SCA for concerns of persecution(sp) in the mundane world. (ie. at church,
at work, etc) These people shouldn't play this game if it is that dangerous
to their mundane life and it will detrimentally affect other parts of their
lives.

Personally, I have an unlisted number, I have told the PUC and SWB to
not show this number on Caller-ID boxes, but I feel strongly that my
name and number should show up in appropriate SCA forums since I am an
officer of the SCA. (Yes, a list of contacts on the web page and the BS
are appropriate forums.)

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  |  "If you want my views of history,
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   there is something you should know.