ducal perogative

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Feb 20 07:20:21 PST 1997

At 08:22 AM 2/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>greetings!
>
>Some postings on the Aten list raised a few questions which I am curious
about.
>What is Ducal perogative? I've heard a few things like being able to enter
>crown list at *any* time, being able to enter court w/o previous permission,
>etc. Are these true? Do customs vary from kingdom to kingdom? What other
>privlages to those of royal rank have?
>
>just wonderin'
>
>timo
>littlescumsuckingmutantlefty

Here is the section of Kingdom Law concerning Dukes and Duchess.

ARTICLE III: RIGHT’S AND DUTIES OF THE NOBILITY AND PEERS

Section 1: Nobility

a. The Nobility, by reason of their rank and experience, shall have the
right and duty to counsel the Crown and Kingdom Officers.

b. Any Duke or Duchess entered in the Crown Lists shall have the right to
withdraw from the Crown Lists at any time.

In this Kingdom no one can enter into a crown list after it has started
(say during round three).  If it were allowed, I think you would have a
really good case to ask the BOD to over turn the results.  Sometimes in
this Kingdom the crown will choose different fighters to fight the byes,
often times it is an honor given to senior squires but not always.

Other Kingdom do have different customs and may allow there Duke and
Duchess additional rights.

Burke McCrory
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
burkemc at ionet.net