Announcing the Printing

CAB cab at scientific.com
Tue Feb 25 11:24:29 PST 1997

 Scientific Placement, Inc.
 RE>>Announcing the Printing

I do understand your concern and I really sympathize with your problem.

However your situation is a TOTALLY different point.

We are talking about officers/autocrats/ect who "know" that their contact
information is being published and republished.  (The blackstar copyright says
something along the lines that anything contained in it can be reprinted with
the standard disclaimer and an indication where the material came from.)  From
this my understanding is that anyone could put the entire blackstar on the web
or in a newspaper or ect (official or not) so long as they have the correct
disclaimers and credits.

Your situation was one where you never gave anyone permission to distribute
your contact info.  (Yours is a terrible problem, and we all sympathize with
you, but it remains a different problem)

The situation where you describe that someone is truelly in danger - your
right this person's contact info should not be on the web -  or in the
Blackstar. And quite frankly, this person should not be an officer. Because,
as an officer, people will distribute your phone # if they know it (I have
been an officer and I know how it is).  A member gets a call "Do you know
anything about ____?" and they respond. "No, but let me give you the phone #
of (senechal/hospitler/A&S/ect) and maybe they can help you."  If a person is
truelly in danger they should not risk their saftey to be an officer.  It is
simply not worth it.

Crystal