SCA vs. Reality

V. Allan Endel endel at tarleton.edu
Thu Feb 27 11:03:41 PST 1997

At 12:00 PM 2/27/97 -0600, you wrote:

>One of the things a cult promotes is total emersion in it's own community,
>rejecting the outside.  This keeps people circulating with their own.
>This protects the cult from outside, damaging influence.
>

>Joel Schumacher                        JCPenney Co. - UNIX Network Systems
>jschumac at uns-dv1.jcpenney.com          12700 Park Central Pl
>(972) 591-7543                         Dallas TX  75251

I don't think there is a problem with the SCA promoting total immersion
(sorry Joel, but emersion has the opposite meaning of what you apparently
intended), but I think some people have a tendency to become so absorbed in
whatever they are interested that it can become cultlike for those people.
Alan