Everything I ever needed to know I learned in the SCA

Todd W. Marsh tmarsh at Sierrasys.com
Fri Feb 28 17:00:33 PST 1997

Everything I ever needed to know I learned in the SCA

It's fun to learn.
It's more fun to teach.
All men were NOT created equal.
It's amazing how many friends you can make with a pot of coffee and a
plate full of pancakes.
How to have tea with the Queen.
Don't play with someone else's stuff without their permission.
There's nothing like giving prizes to make you feel noble. (and it's
fun!)
Great, high, important people are still people.
Everyone can teach you something if you listen to them.
Ceremony is important.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, and you seldom
need to do either.
Rank carries obligations.
It's important to know who is related to whom.
Learn the dress code quickly.
Speaking to 500 is no harder that speaking to 5, you just have to talk
louder.
You don't need a microphone to speak to 500 people.
Honor is the reward of virtue.

Llywelyn, Lord Elfsea