Coronation Info

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Mon Jan 6 14:50:27 PST 1997

Greetings All,

Gunthar here with the latest update on what's happening at Coronation.

Firstly, in accordance with His Majesty's desires to start the list on time,
the hall will open at 8:00 am on Saturday.  Prince Mahdi is planning a King's
Champion list consisting of the first round will be fought with shield and
then subsequent rounds shieldless.  He will be looking for style as well as
martial skill.  A defeat will not necessarily mean that you are out of the
running.  He will then select finalists who will battle it out for the title.
 Bring a variety of weapons and definite chivalry and field presence.  The
list is hoped to begin at 10:00 am and end around 2:00 pm.

Reservations are not required for the event.  We are planning on 450 to 500
people and will feed everyone.  Remember you only pay site fee and feast is
free.

Merchants will not be allowed as of this time but we are working on it and
may be able to accomodate them.  We will let you know when we do.

The tentative menu is follows (the menu will not be final until one half hour
after I have served it):

1st Remove:  Navy Bean casserole, green salad, fruit, bread and butters.

2nd Remove:  Beef and lamb stew over Moroccan couscous, Chicken Normandy,
bowtie pasta with a sauce of butter, breadcrumbs, garlic, and parmesian
cheese.

Dessert:  Bakalava, chocolate truffles, shortbread.

In addition there will be a children's menu consisting of Spaghetti-O's, hot
dogs, and chocolate pudding.  (The children will be served during court.)

We will also be needing servers but we have a special deal, all servers will
pay half price for the event and will be served the complete feast
beforehand.  This way they can concentrate on serving and not be fighting
hunger pains.  There will be a sign-up sheet at the gate.  Any musicians who
wish to perform background music during feast may also eat early.

Any questions about dietary restrictions, what's in the recipes, or anything
else may contact either myself or Ly. Alfric (autocrat) at either the number
listed in the Black Star or may contact me via email at
m_gunter at fujitsu-fnc.com

Please forgive this long posting but I hope this has answered some questions.

Yers,

Gunthar