A New Poet in Valhalla

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Thu Jan 2 17:12:03 PST 1997

I wish that I could wish all of you a happy new year, but alas it is not in
me to do so.

It is with the greatest of sorrow instead that I must tell you that the
Allfather has chosen a new skald for his Hall, and so now Master Ragnar
Ulfgarsson, Court Baron, OL, CIM, AST, ASCr, OUMB, AoA, LION OF ANSTEORRA
has gone to sit at the right hand of Odinn.

The mead bench where Bragi once sat is now the place of honor where Ragnar
will surely spend many an age, telling tales, draining many a horn of the
gods' famous mead, and listening to the einherjar ask him to tell them
"Olaf's House" just one more time.

While funeral services will be held on Saturday, January 4, 1997, the family
has asked that attendance be limited.  There will be a wake at noon on
Saturday for Ragnar that will be open to all at Viscountess Constance St.
Dunstan's,  6702 Country Breeze, San Antonio (210) 558-8939.

Cards may be sent to Thordis (Melissa Snow) at Rt. 7, Box 2015A, Boerne, TX
78006.  The family would prefer donations or live plants over flowers.  For
details on such gifts, contact Master Cynric at (210) 558-9121.

Oh, Ragnar, I can't even begin to imagine an event in Bjornsborg without you.

In sorrow,

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde