An Amtgard event announcement, very long

ches ches at io.com
Thu Jan 9 21:36:47 PST 1997

I highly suggest that everyone take two tabards, one green one blue.
This may be the only time you will be able to use the war tactics of
your buddy against him so have
loads of fun!

Here is the text of it and the art can be downloaded. The set up for
the art is that the eagle is the back ground and the dragons are
little things tucked in the four corners of the page. I had the text
all centered
with the Title in the calligraphy called Uechi. The map is also
downloaded from the www.io.com/~ches/gif/BURNET.jpg

The waivers are required for the event. Print them on the back side
of the flyer.

http://www.io.com/~ches/spring.html
Spring War IV!
President's Day weekend
February 14-18, 1997
Chariot Races
Greens vs. Blues

Prices are $7.00 for everyone. There is an extra charge for those
needing childcare. Both autocrats agree on $7.00 per
person, which is to include camping (sites first-come first-choice),
all games
and activities (Court, Bardic, Cultural Tourney, etc.) and Sat
evening
feast. Breakfast Sat & Sun is uncertain but probable, with a small
additional charge set by whoever is providing it.  We are thinking
most likely
custom omelette with choice of fruit, toast, cereal and beverage for
about
$2.00. Please note this last is not a lock, just a probable.

This war borrows from the historical traditions of the Ancient
Roman/Byzantine Chariot Race factions. The factionalism was so
fanatical, that it jeopardized the Byzantine throne on more than one
occasion. The teams for the war will be decided at the gate randomly
by people getting blue or green coins. Trading the coins is forbidden
and will be severely punished. This is to be a completely random game
scenario.

Waivers will be required from all participants. Waivers can be found
with this flyer. Please have them filled out and ready by the time
you reach the gate when you arrive. ALL minors will be required to
have a valid waiver for this event. If from outside of Texas please
check with your local legalese.

Due to a high number of serious injuries involving pole arms at Clan
all pole arms brought on site must be exactly 15 feet long or
shorter, have 6 inch diameter padded heads that are a foot long, and
completely padded shafts. If you have hand guards they do not need be
padded but the shaft must be padded.

All fire pits must be naturalized before you leave your site, i.e.
bring a bag of soil to fill in any pits you dig up.
All minors under the influence of alcohol will be thrown off site, no
second chances.
All live steel weapons are to be peace tied. Any illegal substances
or
acts will result in immediate expulsion from the site.
Child care will be provided. On Saturday it will cost $20.00 for an
all day quest and then some that will run until the end of court. On
Sunday it will be $10.00. It will run from 12noon-5.

Autocrat
Squire Vera O'Chernof
Elizabeth Seguin
12200 IH 10 W. # 512
San Antonio, Texas 78230
210-561-7776

Co-Autocrat
Squire Ke-she
Lynn Keys
402 Arbor
Austin, Texas 78745
512-447-7413
wilhelm at onr.com

Gate and Security
Lady Ariel Reinquest
Hillary Pickett
10014 Broadway #1203
San Antonio, Texas 78217-4405
210-822-2111

Feast Autocrat
Griff
Garland Griffith
7912 Kenshaw Dr.
Austin, Texas 78745
512-445-5734

Clean Up Crew
Master Kedarian
Will Winnie
6600 Blairwood
Austin, Texas 78745
512-448-4503

Battle Master
(in charge of all non-war specila battle games and the Spring War
Champion tourney)
Mordaroch

Battle Master of Blue
King Morgan Iron Wolf
Jason Jacobs
Houston, Texas

Battle Master of Green
Czar Forest Evergreen
Dallas, Texas

Women's Tourney
Sir Squeak

A&S Master
(in charge of Spring War Artisan Tourney)
Master Bellock

Children's Activities Supervisor
Squire Akara
Christi Nolen
111 Hartford
San Antonio, Texas 78223
210-337-2892

Lost and Found Coordinators
Cossacks

Merchant Coordinator
Sir Horus
(call the autocrat)

Events Herald
(responsible for giving hourly updates on what is going on to the
populace.)
still needed

Chiurgeon
still needed

Zoo Keeper
(autocrat baby sitter)
Autocrats Pages!

 Events Herald
(responsible for giving hourly updates on what is going on to the
populace.)
still needed

Reeve Master
(finds reeves for war and large battles and makes sure they all agree
to the same rules)
still needed

Potty Keeper
(keeps toilet paper supplied and incense going if needed and works
with clean
up crew to keep bathrooms fresh.)
still needed

For the stuff you want to do
still needed

For the stuff I haven't thought of
still needed

Amtgard, The Celestial Kingdom
General Waiver and Informed Consent to Participate in all Amtgard
Events Functions
Please print all information and turn in to the Prime Minister,
Chancellor or Seneschal before you participate in your first event.
Legal Name _____________________________________________________
Persona Name
Address
City ___________________________ State _____________ Zip
_________________
 (Phone) Number (______) ________________
Your date of birth __________________
I agree to release and hold harmless Amtgard-The Celestial Kingdom,
Amtgard splinter group chapters, and all members of all Amtgard
Chapters from and against all claims, demands, and actions in respect
to damage to my person or my property arising in connection with my
participation in Amtgard functions. Furthermore, I accept and
understand that neither Amtgard or any Amtgard members is responsible
for any injuries received or given at any Amtgard function. I further
understand that, as with any physical sport, participation in Amtgard
is not without an element of risk. I also authorize by my signature
herein permission for medical treatment by professional means, if
necessary, and I am unable to answer for myself. Note: Anyone under
the age of 14 must have a parent or guardian present whenever they
are participating in one of the fighting activities, and may only
participate in fighting activities with the permission of the Monarch
or Guildmaster of Reeves.
Signature of Participant_________________________________________
Date____________________

Signature of Parent or Guardian (If Participant is under 18 years
old)
Emergency Contacts (List two)
Name: _________________________________
Phone:(H)_______________(W)________________
Name: _________________________________
Phone:(H)_______________(W)________________

______________________________________
Waiver and EMS Authorization for members under 18 years.

Amtgard is a non-profit, non-sectarian group devoted to recreating
elements of the medieval and fantasy genres. The thrust of Amtgard is
both recreational and educational, with major group efforts devoted
to reconstruction's of medieval combat. Amtgard weapons are safe,
foam-padded replicas of the real things. This waiver will allow the
person for whom it is listed to participate in Amtgard functions and
allow emergency medical attention at need. We hope this will not be
necessary, but it is required. If participant is under 14 they may
NOT actively "fight" in an event without Crown AND
Parent/Guardian permission. Parents of those under 14 must be present
at ALL times during fighting events if the participant is playing in
a fighting capacity unless otherwise authorized by the Crown.

I, (Please print name) ________________________________________, am
the legal Parent or Guardian of (please print name)
___________________________________. I agree and understand that
members willfully follow rules as set in the current Rules of Play,
and that I have read the rules and understand them myself. As such I
agree to release and hold blameless Amtgard, Kingdom of the Burning
Lands (as known by it Incorporation), Amtgard, The Celestial Kingdom,
splinter group chapters, and those within from and against all
claims, demands, and actions in respect to damage upon the person for
who I have authorized or property arising in connection with their
participation in Amtgard functions. Furthermore, I accept and
understand that neither Amtgard nor any Amtgard member is responsible
for any injuries received or given at any Amtgard function. I also
authorize by my signature herein permission for medical treatment by
professional means if necessary. Those responsible for decision of
treatment must also assume obligation to notify me or my authorized
representative as soon as possible.
Signature (Parent/Guardian) ______________________________________