New groups in the North

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 27 12:32:36 PST 1997

Gunhilda states:

This is just an FYI post for anyone who is interested.  I met
this weekend with a group of people in Weatherford Oklahoma (75 miles
west of OKC off I-40) who are interested in starting an SCA branch
there.

There are about 10-15 of them from a variety of backgrounds, ages, etc.
The one thing that impressed me the most about them was their
enthusiasm and good humor.  They seemed like a really *great* group of
people, and I hope that everyone will give them a lot of support.

I believe that they are planning to attend the upcoming Northern
Regional event as a group, so if you run into them, give them a big
smile and welcome them aboard!

There is also a group of people interested in starting a group in
Muskogee Oklahoma.  I have not met with them yet, but I will be doing
so this coming Saturday, so I may have more info about them next
week.

This is good news.

I do have a small file that might prove useful to these various
incipent incipent-groups and others.

new-groups-msg    (18K)  7/17/96    Procedures and advice on starting new SCA
                                       groups.

This is in the SCA-INC section of my SCA Rialto files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Gunhilda, could you please let them know of this, since I don't have any
email addresses for them? There are a number of other files that
might be useful to them as new groups or new members. I can email files
if no one in the area has WWW access or on a disk if no one has email.

If anyone has more suggestions for these new groups after reading this
file, please send them to me.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com