Ballista Spears

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Mon Jan 27 08:34:50 PST 1997

Good Gentles,

The major problem that I have seen with golf tube arrows/javelins is
that they rarely fly straight. they have a horribly erratic flight. I
saw them in use at both Estrella and Lillies Wars. Yuck!! Lady
Octavian (Sir Dapphyyd's lady) uses them, she would have better
feedback than I.

At Gulf last year the Trimarins had a ballista that used PVC javelins
and I didn't hear of any complaints. I was never hit with one so I
can't say for certain.

No reason that we couldn't have the same at Gulf at least. That
doesn't help you, Gnith, for Estrella. They have a website. Send them
e-mail and ask.

Grace and Peace,

Jovian