personas

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:02:09 PST 1997

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, E.Preston III & Shelly K Walker wrote:

> anyone ready for an indepth persona and garb discussion?
> I've finally been in long enough to get tired of my "century cross
> dressing". Think about it. And no I'm not referring to male/female dress
> codes.
> I would like to hear from you experts so I can pin down my persona in
> time, garb, etc.
Might as well discuss this on, there are others who could use the help.

I admire those who choose one persona and stick with it garb-wise.  I am
unlikely to be one, at least for a while.  There are too many neat sorts
of garb to make to stay with my 14th century lady, also I can only wear
her "serious" garb Oct-March/April in my current locale.  By mid-summer
Celtic or certain Middle-Estern garb is really necessary to keep the
Chiurgeonate bored.

Of course, I also need to do some more research...but I will still keep
the chiton.

As for persona, mine was chosen because I like the line of the sideless
surcoat and the political happenings were pretty interesting.  I later
learned that in structured music, the 14th cent is when chant started
seriously to diversify and began the journey toward more familiar musical
forms.

Kateryn
grimfells