College recruitment

Jeanne C. Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Tue Jan 14 10:40:04 PST 1997

> If a group can gain access to a display case on campus in a popular
> building such as a student center or library, an SCA display can be
> helpful in familiarizing people with the group, and will be more
> effective than a simple poster in publicizing a demo. Alan V. Allan

I heartily second this.  I attended PLU in Tacoma, WA and we managed
to snag one of th bookstore display windows at the start of every
semester.  Students had to wait in line to buy books and had plenty
of
time to study the items therein.

I'd also recommend having a weekly lunch or dinner in either the
commons or coffee shop (or one of each, or alternate weeks)
and poster for it if you can.  Sometimes with demos, although it
*looks* interesting, it's not the hook that talking to someone with
enthusiasm and passion can be.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands