Awards Policy (Households in Ansteorra)

Jeanne C. Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Thu Jan 16 10:07:47 PST 1997

> There are several households of some importance active in the
> Western Region. House Oporto (I hope I've got the spelling right) is
> active in the light weapons community. In the Barony of Elfsea and
> its cantons House Mac an Ghabhann (of which I am a member) is quite
> active. On the other hand Keep of the Haunted Grove of which I am
> head is not very active, but it qualifies as a "Great Household"
> because we have members in Lochac and Midrealm. Alan

OKAY!  Another question:  define "Great Household".  I've heard this
elusive term for years; an unscrupulous viscount in Oertha tried to
tell us that this was a Board-recognized designation with so many
peers and so many officers (this was years ago) and of course there's
no such thing anywhere in the governing docs.

I'm just wondering where this concept *does* exist, and what is meant
by it.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands